Talk about landing pages and LeadPages and Instapage easily come to mind. They are popular among internet marketers and webmasters. However, which really of the two is better? And which one should you choose? Let’s make a comparative review!
The Case for LeadPages
LeadPages is a simple yet powerful landing page builder for webinars, courses, and other products or services. It is a drag-and-drop software built on templated designs. Its main selling point is the fact that even beginners can easily use it because no coding is needed to create an effective and useful landing page. More so, it will help you turn web visitors to potential customers.
Ease of Use
Advance user or not, it will only take you about five minutes to build a high-converting and stylish landing page with LeadPages. To prove our point, this is how you start with this easy-to-use landing page tool:
- Sign-up with LeadPages and select a subdomain
- Integrate your page with your email service provider from the list of the Integrations tab (if your email provider is not on the list, you can ask the support team to process the integrations)
- Enter your API key after selecting your provider
- Build your page after the integrations
- Choose your template and select your page type
- Select where to link your call-to-action button and build your form
- Choose which email list your leads should be added
- Decide how your Thank You page will appear (either a custom or default page)
- Preview your page on several devices including on a smartphone, tablet and a desktop and see if you still need to improve some aspects
- Publish your page
Features and Tools
While LeadPages isn’t probably the best when it comes to features and tools on the market, it offers enough to help you convert leads to customers. Here are its six main tools:
- LeadPages. This simple and useful tool will let you create beautiful landing pages without the need for coding. It doesn’t even require much technical skills. With its built-in designs and over 100 templates to choose from, you will end up with a page that will cater to your needs. Other than the free templates however, there are also user designed pages that you can purchase. Moreover, with LeadPages, you can integrate your landing page with various webinar hosts and email services providers.
- LeadBoxes. This is a customizable tool that appears as a popup window when your visitor clicks on a link, button, text or an image. It will also popup when visitors are about to leave your page.
- LeadLinks. This works like a one-click checkout tool for you to convert more leads and have your existing leads opt-in to your offer. Leadlinks is beneficial for marketers as it eliminates the tedious process of registration. With its single click link, the contacts in your database will register without the need of filling up a form.
- LeadDigits. This tool will help you convert offline leads to customers as it allows you to use text messaging in collecting phone numbers and emails. You can easily set it up and customize the details and opt-in instructions based on your business needs.
- Analytics platform. This is built into the four main tools of LeadPages where each individual build has an analytics button where you can access data and performance metrics including number of total visitors and opt-ins. Part of the analytics platform is the A/B split testing that will let you test variations of pages and see which is doing you favor. It can also help you convert leads and get more traffic while weeding out nuisance.
Dynamic – that is how Leadpages describe their team of digital marketers and internet specialists.
When it comes to customer support, it is safe to say that LeadPages delivers. Aside from their live chat support, they also offer weekly webinars and educational videos. More so, whether you are just a beginner or an advanced marketer, you can make use of their Marketing Library full of ebooks, images, courses, templates and more.
They also have podcast, the ConversionCast, that will give you idea for a more mobile-friendly approach, and an educational center called the Knowledge Base that will help you get things done when the support staff is offline.
Plans and Pricing
Just like other landing page builders, you need to subscribe to a plan to use LeadPages.
You can choose from three plan options: the Standard, Pro and Advanced. You can either pay monthly, annually or every two years. However, it is worth noting that you can save 38% for the annual plan.
If you want to spend smartly, I recommend you get the Pro or Advanced Plan in annual terms because of the discount and added feature like the A/B testing capabilities that you will get. This will also save you the hassle of monthly payment where the price can change from time to time depending on the traffic and demand.
- Quick and easy-to-use
- Can be integrated to webinar solutions and autoresponders
- Full customer support and accessible videp tutorials
- Offers several WordPress features
- Fast loading
- Has the ability to redirect 404 traffic to your landing page
- Allows unlimited traffic
- Very little customization especially with template designs
The Case for Instapage
Instapage is one of those popular landing page builders that will help you convert leads and grow your business.
Instapage comes with a drag-and-drop functionalities, several useful features, marketing integrations and more. In the clichè, it can help you step up your game.
Ease of Use
The team of Instapage did a great job in making sure that you won’t have a hard time building your landing page. It is simple and easy to use making it a good place for the less skilled users.
With its drag-and-drop features, here’s how you can set-up up a landing page with Instapage:
- Sign up for a 30-day free trial or subscribe to one of its plans
- Create a page from the Dashboard
- Choose your template design
- Name your page
- Go to settings to edit the background, font and other necessary details that will improve the look of your page
- Hit publish when done
In just a few minutes, you can easily come up with a landing page that is professional with high conversion rates.
Features and Tools
What makes Instapage really useful is its features and tools including:
- SEO tools. Instapage will allow you to apply search optimization strategies as you can work with page title, meta desciption, keywords, favicon, and canonical URL. You can also add social media buttons for more visibility and traffic.
- Marketing Integrations. The company recently launched an integrations dashboard that features over 20 Saas marketing integrations including AWeber, Mailchimp, Zoho CRM and a lot more. The new dashboard aims to help marketers in putting optimization tools, CRM provider and email marketing service in just one place in the simplest way possible.
- A/B Testing. We can’t finish this rundown without mentioning this much needed tool. Instapage delivers when it comes to A/B testing, they are actually known for it. In case you miss it, A/B testing is important in knowing how your page is performing. It will also tell you which area you need to improve and which strategy you need to let go for a better marketing campaign.
Instapage’s customer support is more than enough for you to get all the help you need. They have a YouTube channel with a list of videos that will help you get started, improve your page, learn some strategies and the what-nots.
There are also blogs discussing tips and tricks, FAQs, forums and even webinars. Their customer support also extends to live chatting, email conversation and phone-based inquiry.
Plans and Pricing
One good thing about Instapage is the 30-day freel trial they offer. You get to test the water first before spending cash. Once you like it, which is most likely you will, you can upgrade to one of their plans: Basic at $29 per month, Professional at $79 per month, and Premium at $179 per month.
While you have the option to pay monthly, keep in mind that paying annually will save you up to 40%. On the same note, it is more practical to subscribe to either Professional or Premium plans because of the important features that are not available in Basic.
- Very easy to use making it a great option for beginners
- Reasonable price
- Built-in features
- Automatic optimization
- Customizable built-in templates
- Strong customer support
- Variety of integrations
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Pricing can change depending on traffic load
- Email providers that aren’t supported cannot be integrated
Whether you choose LeadPages or Instapage, you will be paying for something worth it. Both deliver when it comes to converting leads and ensuring you get the best result for your business.