Everything about SEO changes overtime. It evolves drastically leaving websites who can’t keep up behind. If you have your page under WordPress, it only makes sense that you get everything right to keep up with the change and boost your rankings.
One thing we learned about WordPress is it’s easy to set-up a website under its helm. It is even user-friendly to online marketers who don’t have the gen in creating sites. The catch there, however, is how to optimize it for search engines. You sure don’t expect your website to be a hit by just launching it with a few pages and widgets in the corner.
Fortunately, there are enough SEO WordPress tools and plug-ins that can help you obtain the ranking and traffic your business needs. Read on!
1. Yoast SEO
Ask webmasters and bloggers about the must-have WordPress plug-in and they definitely have Yoast SEO on top of their head. It is simply powerful in terms of understanding and managing both on-page and off-page optimization, not to mention that it also helps in social optimization.
Yoast SEO has a plethora of features and uses including:
- Controls the pages indexed by Google
- Integrates Twitter meta-data and Facebook open-graph to ensure website is social media-friendly.
- Analyses on-page contents for better ranking
- Makes sure that Meta description tags and SEO title tags are present
- Supports XML site mapping
- Evaluates inbound and outbound links
- Avoids duplicate contents through rel=canonical tags
- Stops scrappers by optimizing RSS feed and validating Google authorship
2. SEO Pressor
SEO Pressor is one of most popular WordPress tools that guarantee higher rankings. It offers extensive features that would completely handle your website’s pages, posts and custom posts format.
- Support for Rich Snippets, Twitter Cards, and Facebook OpenGraphs
- LSI keyword recommendations and keyword research tool
- Automatic internal linking and assigning of a word to your desired link
- An algorithm that gives you SEO statistics relevant to your contents
- WordPress tags SEO
- Can assess effectiveness of the content on 100 basis points
Every blogger dreads that 404 error thing. This happens when you changed a URL and redirects were not taken care of. Redirection provides a solution for this by ensuring that your old address will be redirected to the new one.
Redirection will not only give hint to Google that any authority from the old link is being passed onto the new URL, but it will also be easier for major search engines to index your site which is a big SEO boost.
- 404 logging
- Import and export feature
- It supports multiple redirect types including 301, 302 and 307
- Automatically redirects URLs when permalink is changed.
4. SEO Friendly Images
Images help attract leads and traffic to your website when optimized properly. With the help of SEO Friendly Images, you can do just that. It automatically adds Title tags and ALT attributes according to the options you have set to every image you have on your website.
Why is ALT and Title attributes important to SEO ranking?
ALT attributes are the words that will describe your images to search engines and would serve as a determining factor for a potential match when user searches for photos. Meanwhile, Title attributes are the words that appear in the tooltip when searchers hover the mouse over the photo.
5. W3 Total Cache
One thing is for sure, everybody hates slow websites. It drives visitors away and prevents sites from achieving maximum traffic. Installing W3 Total Cache will solve this problem as it is proven to speed up websites and improve page loading time.
- Caching of browser, database and object
- Support for mobile devices
- Quick CDN set-up
6. SEO Content Control
Content marketing is essential for every SEO success. It is your ticket to obtaining high traffic and rankings. Hence, it is only paramount that you get a plug-in that will do wonders for you, like SEO Content Control. This WordPress tool will go through your contents and will reveal with explanation those that are irrelevant in SEO.
SEO Content Control will also give you a chance to improve your older contents to still make it relevant to the current trend and to the new search standard. It will allow you to edit the Meta description of previous blogs and even update Meta description both for archive and category pages.
7. Google Analyticator
Monitoring traffic is important as it tells you how successful (or unsuccessful) your SEO strategies are. Google Analyticator is a plug-in that will let you review traffic details and understand:
- Who your visitors are
- What they like and dislike in your site
- What your audience do while in your website
- Their browser type
- How to improve your SEO strategies
8. WP Rich Snippets
The information you find below search results in Google are called Rich Snippets, also tagged as Schema mark-ups. Aside from making your webpages stand out over other results, Rich Snippets will improve your click-through rates as important details relevant to your audience are displayed.
- It supports products, reviews, restaurants and organizations snippets
- Displays significant product details
- Displays collective user reviews
- Offers add-ons to increase functionality
- Adds custom criteria to reviews
9. Broken Links Checker
We all find this horrible – broken link. Broken links may occur due to a variety of reasons and will definitely have an impact in your SEO works. It will damage your website and worst, you may get penalized by Google. Not to mention that it will compromise user-experience.
Broken Link Checker will help you avoid all those negativities. It will check broken links for you and will send you report to solve the issue. You can either delete the page completely or correct the link to fix it.
Setting up a WordPress site can be very easy; optimizing it however will take more than hard work. You need to have the right WordPress tools and plug-ins like the ones we have listed here to boost your SEO rankings. Good luck!