In a world where almost everything is one click away, your digital product or service should be too.
Technological advancements have changed the game for businesses and marketers. The success, or failure, of your digital products or services relies on how quick you adapt to the trend.
Promoting your business would mean knowing what’s hot and new in the online world.
Where do people go? What do they use to search for products? Will they find you there?
While digital marketing is quite complex, it is no rocket science. You just need a few strategies and boom — nope, success won’t come in handy – but you have a better chance of turning your target market into potential loyal customers.
Here are 6 options you can maximize to market your digital product or service:
1. Maximize Facebook. Almost everyone is on Facebook, making it one of the most powerful social media. In the April 2016 study of the Statistics Portal, Facebook currently has 1.59 billion active users – that is a lot and just imagine the possibilities if you can turn even just 1% of them as your customers.
So yes, it is about time you become active in Facebook and connect with people. Start sharing news and stories about your product or service. However, don’t sell too hard, don’t be too pushy, never be aggressive. Your posts should be relatable; it should sound personal to your customers.
Encourage interaction and be prompt in answering queries. Be connected to your previous and current customers and let them share their experience in dealing business with you.
This will take time but the result is absolutely promising.
2. Product videos are hit. Not all will jump into the idea of promotional videos for digital products or services, for the reason that it requires a lot of work than making promotional texts or photos.
However, you cannot disregard the staggering number of viewers on video sharing sites like YouTube and the fact that videos are easier to consume and processed.
One clear strategy for a successful marketing clip is to capture the attention of your audience through the first five (5) seconds of the video. Another thing you can do is to add a call-to-action at the end that would drive viewers to a landing page for a potential sale.
A deliberate, original and creative video is always a potential hit. Just think VIRAL.
3. Connect with Influencers. Marketing your product or service doesn’t only mean promoting it to your target customers. It also means getting a nod from influential entrepreneurs, journalists and bloggers who have huge followings both on the web and social media.
Look for influencers within your industry and send them free samples of your products. Your little gift won’t go unnoticed and might reward you a shout out or mention on the influencer’s social networks and other online platforms.
This will boost the credibility of your digital business and would likely raise the number of customers that will notice you.
4. Blog it. Never underestimate the power of blogging. You cannot miss out on this content marketing if you really want to make it big in the online world.
Write and produce blogs that is valuable to your potential customers. Start with contents that will provide information about your digital product or service. Put yourself on your customers’ shoes and identify what they want to know, and then write it.
Blogging means being personal, engaging, and honest. Hard-selling is a no-no. You should promote your products without sounding desperate for a sale or conversion.
Another reason why you need to blog is to be visible on search engines and to have something to share to your social media followers.
5. Get featured. There are several online portals, like cssocean.com, that will allow you to post your website for free. They have loyal visitors that are potential customers for your digital business. They can improve your network, traffic and visibility. They also open communications and drive online reputation that you can’t get from other online hub.
By partnering with business promotion sites, your products or services are being promoted by somebody else – this is where word of mouth comes in. Customers are more trusting when marketing comes from a third party. They find it more credible and honest compared to hearing it directly from the company or the seller.
More so, websites, products and services posted for free on online classifieds, like cssocean.com, are heavily marketed on social networks for them to also gain huge followings.
6. Never forget SEO. Your digital business is a great deal, and it requires a big deal in terms of search engine optimization. If you want people to notice you, if you want search engines to respect your brand, you have to earn it – and that means spending time and money on it.
Content marketing strategy is a key for an effective SEO campaign. It’s not just about creating original blog posts, but also developing other useful contents like videos and infographics on your website. You have to create materials that people would love to share and would rank highly on search engines. You have to send signals to Google that your website is active and offers fresh contents to your visitors.
Moreover, never forget to optimize for mobile. In 2016, 56.1% of the world mobile population use their smartphones to access the internet. It is expected to grow to 63.4% in 2019. Hence, it only makes sense that your digital product or service is searchable on mobile devices. This is a leverage that would eventually give you return of investment.
When SEO becomes too difficult to handle, hiring an SEO expert is a good idea. They will do the work for you and would guarantee success for your business. Just make sure that you have a clear communication with them and you are both on the same page on what you want to achieve for your online presence.
Marketing your digital product or service will be demanding. It would take a while before you get results. But ultimately, with the right formula, success will eventually follow. Just always have the know-how and be updated with the trends online. Good luck!